Jogger Barbie's Blatherings

This blog started out as a way to track my progress in training for my first marathon on September 30, 2007. Then my first marathon ended up happening in May 2007, so now this blog is just to write about my running in general.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a woman in my 40s who lives in Toronto with my DH and two cats, and who loves to run. Sometimes I like to write about my running. Maybe some day I'll write about something else but it hasn't happened yet.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yet another enjoyable run!

It was hard to get up this morning but I really needed the exercise. Friday's planned calorie burn on the elliptical didn't happen because I needed to get to work really early. Saturday and Sunday were taken up by errands, house/yard work and some badly needed down time. Then Monday and Tuesday mornings got swallowed by early meetings. It happens. Sucks, but it happens.

DH is still taking a break from running in order to recover from the half marathon, and by now it is still full darkness at 6:30 in the morning, so I am not crazy about running outside alone. Thus I planned to do 40 minutes on the track. However, I was lucky enough to meet my running buddy just as he was about to go for a run outside, and ended up out there with him. We ran an easy, flat 45 minutes and it felt SO good to be moving again! It wasn't as intense a pace as on the track, but it was a little longer than my original plan, so in the end we probably did about 8 km, a good run and a great way to start the day.

It was one of those runs when you are not really pushing yourself at all, just drifting along, and it feels like you could run forever. Of course, that feeling is always helped along by having someone to run with, because when you're running and talking at the same time, you overlook any minor discomforts and just keep moving. Long solo runs are essential (IMO) when training, but buddy runs are also a good workout and a real joy.

Fingers crossed that nothing comes up to prevent running on Friday morning. If all goes well, another 40 or 45 minutes, probably inside because I think the forecast is for rain. Daylight savings time ends in a couple of weeks, which will make for more light in the mornings, so if it doesn't get too cold it will be feasible to run outside into November. Wouldn't that be nice?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home