Jogger Barbie's Blatherings

This blog started out as a way to track my progress in training for my first marathon on September 30, 2007. Then my first marathon ended up happening in May 2007, so now this blog is just to write about my running in general.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a woman in my 40s who lives in Toronto with my DH and two cats, and who loves to run. Sometimes I like to write about my running. Maybe some day I'll write about something else but it hasn't happened yet.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Friday morning was another easy run, albeit with a long slow hill in the middle. I had worn tights and a long-sleeved shirt on the off chance that I met up with my running buddy again, but didn't see him. However, as I was climbing the stairs to the indoor track, DH called from below that my running buddy was indeed looking for some company. So we had a nice run, somewhere around a half hour. I had planned something longer, but the lure of being outside and having company was stronger. Soon enough, the temperatures will be below freezing and there will be months to run inside.

Or it will be raining, like today. And probably tomorrow morning. So I am planning an indoor run for then, probably about 45 minutes. It will be the most intense run since the half marathon, which was four weeks ago today, and I am curious to see how my body handles it. So far my hip has been okay. For a couple of hours after running, I have sometimes felt a bit of "something" - not pain, not even discomfort - but it has disappeared. Perhaps that's just a sign of aging and it's never going to change. In any event, it's not enough to stop running. Actual pain or consistent discomfort, on the other hand, would be a different story.

Four weeks ago today, I was walking on air because the half marathon had gone so well. It has gone by so quickly! And it is definitely time for my rest period to be ending and to be ramping up the distance again. Can't wait :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home