Jogger Barbie's Blatherings

This blog started out as a way to track my progress in training for my first marathon on September 30, 2007. Then my first marathon ended up happening in May 2007, so now this blog is just to write about my running in general.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a woman in my 40s who lives in Toronto with my DH and two cats, and who loves to run. Sometimes I like to write about my running. Maybe some day I'll write about something else but it hasn't happened yet.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What a great run on Monday!

I think it ended up being 47 or 48 minutes - for the last 10 or so I was running with someone I know and didn't watch the time as closely. It was a good pace, with good energy, hip was fine, etc. In fact, I easily could have gone longer but it was time to leave.

Days like that you finish and think "Of course I can run a marathon!"

Heard today that our friends who did the half last weekend are talking about doing the around the bay race in March. It's 30 km, downhill at the start but uphills during the last 10 km. Part of me is saying, "Outside in March - 30 km - hills - I would do this because..." The other part is saying, "30 km is good practice - with the right clothes it's no big deal - you'll be doing hills in April - it's good to have something to train for..." No need for any kind of quick decision. Let me get back to half marathon distance first, and then decide :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home