Jogger Barbie's Blatherings

This blog started out as a way to track my progress in training for my first marathon on September 30, 2007. Then my first marathon ended up happening in May 2007, so now this blog is just to write about my running in general.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a woman in my 40s who lives in Toronto with my DH and two cats, and who loves to run. Sometimes I like to write about my running. Maybe some day I'll write about something else but it hasn't happened yet.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What an exciting day! Registration for the Boston Marathon opened and I entered on-line. It might sound weird but I literally had butterflies in my stomach when I hit Submit - couldn't quite believe that it was happening. It's still subject to official confirmation of my Ottawa results, but I have no reason to believe that's anything except a technicality. Can't wait to see that official acceptance!!!

Also, when I signed on to the RR forum tonight, there was a very nice personal message waiting for me. Turns out there is a woman who lurks and we've been running kind of parallel - both did Around the Bay and then qualified for Boston at a spring marathon. So she was just writing a friendly message as a heads up that the registration had opened. What a lovely thing for her to do, and what a supportive community that forum is.

Too much to get done tonight to write any more, but I just had to record one of the most exciting things I've ever done. And I don't care if that makes it sound like I need to get out more ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home