Jogger Barbie's Blatherings

This blog started out as a way to track my progress in training for my first marathon on September 30, 2007. Then my first marathon ended up happening in May 2007, so now this blog is just to write about my running in general.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a woman in my 40s who lives in Toronto with my DH and two cats, and who loves to run. Sometimes I like to write about my running. Maybe some day I'll write about something else but it hasn't happened yet.

Monday, January 14, 2008

It's been so long since I've updated this, and no time to write in detail now. The short story: most of December was just a blur. It took forever to get rid of Sinus Infection #1, and then within less than two weeks I was battling Sinus Infection #2. I actually missed very few runs or cross-training days, amazingly enough. But my overall energy level just wasn't there and everything felt like an effort, even the easiest jobs. We won't even talk about what it was like to shovel snow for hours after the big storm.

January is going pretty well so far. We were travelling for Christmas and that's usually bad for my training, but this time I got my long run in, and a couple of shorter ones, and the 24 km run last weekend felt very solid. Boston is 14 weeks from today so I am motivated!

Even if I still don't believe it's really happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home