Jogger Barbie's Blatherings

This blog started out as a way to track my progress in training for my first marathon on September 30, 2007. Then my first marathon ended up happening in May 2007, so now this blog is just to write about my running in general.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a woman in my 40s who lives in Toronto with my DH and two cats, and who loves to run. Sometimes I like to write about my running. Maybe some day I'll write about something else but it hasn't happened yet.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Well, supposedly Blogger saves my posts automatically, and I'm sure that I noticed it auto-saving, but the post I was almost finished regarding today's run disappeared completely when my browser crashed. Great. Since I don't feel like doing it all over again, the highlights are: 17.27 km in 1:27:09 (per Garmin), started late so was running in sunny 19 C (warmer than I like), did an out and back on the bicycle paths starting at Pottery Road. And love this "non-training" running :)

Friday was a good run too, about 10.6 km at very close to 5:00/km. Since that included a climb up the long hill I was very happy with the overall time, given that I was intentionally doing a "fast run". I haven't worked out my ATB/Boston training schedule yet but one thing I know is that it must include Friday runs. I don't really know what it is, but on the rare occasions that I don't run Friday morning, the rest of the day just doesn't feel right.

Aside from running, this has been a busy weekend, and not at all in a fun way. There are just so many things to do in the house and yard, and since we're expecting guests from Thursday-Sunday this week, the effort was intensified this weekend to get things done before they arrive. Also, the weather was reasonable and so DH and I had to take advantage of that while we could. Yesterday's chores: hauling pieces of smashed-up concrete to the end of our back yard to sub for the real wall we're going to have built next year, loading remaining pieces into trailer to be hauled away, sweeping leaves and debris from patio and driveway (like emptying an ocean with a bucket this time of year, but whatever), cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming downstairs, hemming curtains, one load of laundry. Today's chores: washing front door and inside of front porch roof, windexing doors, windexing windows, scrubbing front porch and steps, raking back yard, sweeping patio and driveway, four loads of laundry. DH was just as busy and we still didn't get everything done that we had on our list. But we have to work tomorrow, so those things will either get done in the evenings or left.

Really, I am tired of this. Tired of working all week and then working most of the weekend. Or feeling guilty about not working most of the weekend. The easy answer is "hire someone to do that stuff for you". But that's really not the best use of our available funds right now. It would be so nice to win the lottery (note: I've got a better chance of running a 3:20 marathon than winning the lottery).

On a more positive note, DH and I went out with a group from the gym on Thursday and did some hill training. Confession: I liked it. Granted, it wasn't the most onerous hill training out there. But it was a good hill, and I went up it four times, and two of those were at the minimum pace they should be (for me). Plus the guy who introduced the hill to us gave his best pace on it, so I have something to shoot for.

Cross-training tomorrow and then probably some easy running on Tuesday. Maybe hills again on Thursday and then after that I'm not sure. Much will depend on our visitors and what they want to do. I would love to get in my usual Friday run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home